Latest information and updates about COVID-19 (coronavirus) from McMaster University
Skip to McMaster Navigation Skip to Site Navigation Skip to main content
McMaster Logo McMaster logo

Graduate Studies

Campus services

Expandable List

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) has transitioned to providing services via email, video conference calls or by telephone. If you are registered with SAS and have specific questions about your academic accommodations, contact your SAS program coordinator directly.

If you haven’t registered with SAS but need an academic accommodation, please contact (905) 525-9140 ext. 28652 or

Health and Wellness Services

Good2Talk provides 24/7 confidential counselling, information, and referrals to all post-secondary students in Ontario via phone at 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868.

Empower Me (Graduate Students) provides 24/7 accessible counselling services to empower you to thrive, crisis support, mental health and well-being services. Telephone: 1-844-741-6389

Mac's Money Centre

Yes — check the OSCARplus events calendar (under Student Success Centre > Events) to select one of the appointment dates and register. Services have been extended until June, and more appointment dates have been added on OSCARplus. Now that the CRA has extended the filing deadline, you can continue to schedule these one-on-one sessions after June 1 without disrupting benefit payments.

Here’s what we know:

  • The Canadian Government is extending the tax deadline to June 1.
  • People who owe the government money will have until August 2020 to pay the taxes they owe. This will relieve cash flow restrictions.
  • Childcare benefits and the GST benefit will be increased. This will benefit both students and families across Canada.
  • The provincial government will be announcing more tax updates on March 25, 2020.

Follow @MacsMoneyCentre on Twitter for updates.

We have qualified experts who can answer your money questions and connect you with resources that are right for you. Email your money questions to

You can also contact the CRA by calling the General Inquiry Line: 1 800 959 8281. Remember, if you are asking specific questions about your tax situation, you must have your tax account and/or CRA documentation with you so that you can provide them with your information and answer the verification questions.

New graduate students who are eligible to receive an HSR bus pass must purchase an unregistered presto card from a local retailer. The retailer closest to McMaster’s main campus is the Shoppers Drug Mart at Main Street and Emerson Street (1341 Main St. W.).

For more information about activating your bus pass, visit the GSA.