The nomination may be made by an alumni of the graduate program, or a current graduate student at McMaster University.
The nominee should demonstrate excellent supervisory and mentorship skills. Winners from the past four years are ineligible for nomination. To see past winners, visit Graduate Student Recognition Awards.
Up to six winners will be selected, one from each of the six Faculties. Business, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science, Social Sciences.
Nomination Package Requirements
- Nomination web form
- Letter of nomination (250 words) describing the distinguishing attributes of the faculty member’s mentoring and supervision skills
- Two letters from McMaster alumni who have graduated from the program
- Two letters from current graduate students
- One letter from the department chair or graduate advisor
The nomination requires a total of six letters of support. Your letter of nomination, two letters from graduate alumni, two letters from current students, and one letter from the department chair or graduate advisor of the program. If the supervisor is not currently supervising two other graduate students, please let us know through our contact form below.
If there are more then six letters of support, then the strongest letters should be selected by the nominator and included in the nomination package.
Only the material described above will be considered by the Selection Committee. Do not submit more then six letters, other abstracts or publications unless specifically requested to do so by the Selection Committee.
All materials will be treated as confidential. The Selection Committee consists of the Associate Deans of the School of Graduate Studies. Nominees may be asked to furnish copies of their CV and a teaching dossier.
- Please include the name of the Nominee in all materials/files (e.g., Professor_nomination.docx | Professor_Chair.docx | Professor_YourName.docx) and upload to President’s Award folder on MacDrive.
- Please note you will not receive a confirmation of your upload to the MacDrive but you can see that it has completed in the bottom left hand corner.
President’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision Nomination Form
- All fields must be completed.
- A mix of text and multiple choice.
- To complete the nomination form and package, you must upload all required documents to MacDrive.
To complete the nomination, upload all required documents to MacDrive no later than 4 p.m ET on October 15, 2021.
NOTE: All required letters should include the name of the nominee in the document title.