Mindful habits for authentic living: A Becoming Yourself Series for grad students
May 10, 2022
5:00PM to 6:30PM
Take a journey into living your best life now, exploring: How can I follow my authentic path in daily living? How can I stay motivated and thrive as a grad student? How can I get self-defeating opinions out of my head? How can I make choices based on my own wisdom, values, and purpose? What is mindfulness and how can I deepen reflective awareness?
Find support with other graduate students who are asking similar questions. Deepen your understanding of who you really are and wake up to your authentic self within the pressures of graduate student life as you:
- discover your unique personal daily rhythm through practical and manageable steps;
- learn how to stick to habits that support you in living fully alive;
- experience self-compassion, mindfulness, and self-care practices;
- motivate yourself with compassion instead of criticism;
- grow your courage to be yourself and let go of comparison;
- listen for your needs, feelings, and values in relationships with others;
- recognize your gifts and capabilities; and
- learn tools to make decisions that are in alignment with your purpose, values, and calling.
The course will include four 1.5-hour workshops with interactive group exercises, community support of other graduate students, Becoming Yourself coach (at least one meeting with staff coach), and mindfulness and reflection exercises to complete for every session.
Session 1: Tuesday, May 10, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Discovering my personal daily rhythm
- Mindful awareness in daily life
Session 2: Tuesday, May 24, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Motivation with compassion instead of criticism
- Empowerment and self-compassion practices
- Affirming my gifts, qualities and capabilities, dealing with imposter syndrome
Session 3: Tuesday, June 7, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- What do I Stand For? Finding Courage to be Myself and Let go of Comparison
- Forming Habits that support Me in Living Fully Alive
Session 4: Tuesday, June 21, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Discovering my place in it all
- Decision-making in alignment with purpose and values
Register to save your spot (space is limited).
When you register, let us know if you are available for in person or online sessions.
Sponsored by McMaster School of Graduate Studies and Student Open Circles. Free for McMaster Graduate Students.