Personal Discovery Course for graduate students
Mar 9, 2022
5:00PM to 6:30PM
Join Open Circle for a chance to reflect as we emerge from the challenges of the pandemic:
- When life changed, how was your sense of meaning, purpose, and personal success affected?
- What values will you embrace and what difference do you want to make with your life?
- How will you sustain and take care of yourself going forward?
The course includes four 1.5-hour workshops with interactive group exercises, community support of other graduate students, Personal Discovery coach (at least one meeting with staff coach), and personal reflection exercises for every session. Throughout the course, you will be guided and given resources to create your own personal life mission statement.
Personal Discovery Course will cover an exploration of the following in relation to the questions:
- What are my values and principles which I wish to live by?
- How do I integrate these into my life and school?
- How do I care for myself?
- How can I keep a long-term perspective?
- How can money help or hinder me in my life mission?
- What is success to me? (January 19)
- Values, Dreams and Self-Care (February 2)
- Create your Life Mission Statement; Financial Literacy and Values (February 16)
- Living your Personal Mission and Finding Support (March 9)
The Personal Discovery Course is free for McMaster graduate students.
Sponsored by McMaster School of Graduate Studies and Student Open Circles.