Thesis Writing Boot Camp (3 full days)
Feb 19, 2020 to Feb 21, 2020
9:00AM to 4:00PM
Location: Learning Commons, Mills Library, 2nd Floor
Thesis Writing Boot Camp is a three-day writing program structured to support productivity of writing. Each day begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.
If you are interested in attending, you must:
- commit to all three full days;
- commit to not using the internet or cell phones;
- bring everything you need – PDF’s, graphs, images, etc. – and be prepared to write.
We strongly recommend that you meet with your supervisor before the camp to set goals.
You will have no access to internet or cell phones for the duration of the Boot Camp. Remember to bring printed or electronic copies of online materials and resources that you will need for your writing during the boot camp.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival, settle in, coffee/tea/light breakfast
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. Writing Block
- 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Coffee Break
- 10:45 a.m. to 12 noon Writing Block
- 12 to 1 p.m. Lunch (provided each day)
- 1 to 2:15 p.m. Writing Block
- 2:15 to 2:45 p.m. Tea Break (optional nature walk)
- 2:45 to 4 p.m. Writing Block
Space is limited. Priority will be given to PhD students nearing completion.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 5.
You will be contacted if a space is available for you by Friday, February 7.