Grad Writing Consultants (GWC)
Writing is a key component for academic success. Our goal is to help Graduate Students and Postdocs become better writers. Academic writing is something that can be improved with practice and attention. Whether you’re writing a paper for your first grad course, drafting your Phd dissertation, or anything in between, GWCs are here to support you.
GWC do not edit or proofread. Rather, GWCs help writers to become better editors of their own work.
Graduate Writing Consultations (for Master’s and PhD students)
- 45-Minute Sessions.
- No Cost to Students.
- Thesis Drafts
- Dissertation Chapters
- Conference Papers
- Seminar Papers or other
- Papers for Coursework
- Journal Articles
- Writer's Block
- and more!
How to book an appointment (Graduate Students)
- Book Online at oscarplusmcmaster.ca
- Select Assistant #1 (Katie) Select Assistant #2 (John)
How to book an appointment (Postdocs)
1. Email Andrea email@example.com to request an appointment
How to book an online consultations
In-person appointments are preferable, however we understand it may not be practical for all students to meet on campus. Therefore, online consults (skype or google hangout) can be arranged by Grad Students through the oscarplusmcmaster.ca booking system by including the following information in the “comments” section:
- Skype name or Google Hangouts Name
- E-mail address
- The Writing Consultant will call you at the appointment time, but if there are issues than they will communicate with you via e-mail to try to sort the call out.
For questions about Grad Writing Consultations, or to be added to a waitlist, email Andrea Cole.