Nominations open for 25th Annual Graduate Student Recognition Awards
Do you have a teaching assistant who has made a difference in your studies and deserves kudos for their work? Perhaps your supervisor played a pivotal role in your graduate experience, providing outstanding guidance and support through your academic journey. Has a fellow grad student impacted your McMaster experience through their leadership on—or off—campus?
Nominations are open for the 25th Annual Graduate Student Recognition Awards, a celebration of the achievements, accomplishments and contributions of our graduate community members beyond their personal academic successes.
The Recognition Awards highlight student success in teaching, communicating research, contributions to international student life and leadership on campus and beyond. Supervision and mentorship by faculty, as well as staff contributions to the grad community are also recognized.
The awards are a joint initiative between the McMaster Graduate Students Association (GSA) and the School of Graduate Studies.
Graduate Student Recognition Awards
- President’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision (Link will take you to AwardForce platform to complete application.)
- Recipients from the past four years are not eligible to receive the Graduate Supervision award. Please review past winners below.
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership and Contributions to the International Graduate Student Community (Link will take you to AwardForce platform to complete application.)
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Communicating Graduate Research (Awarded to the top three finalists in GradFlix video competition)
- GSA Millennium Award for Community Service (A GSA-funded award, coordinated through the School of Graduate Studies. Link will take you to AwardForce platform to complete application.)
- GSA Keith Leppmann Teaching Assistant Excellence Award (Awarded by the GSA)
- GSA Award for Contributions by Non-Academic Staff (Awarded by the GSA)
- Therese Quigley Award of Excellence for Graduate Student Leadership in Athletics (Awarded by the GSA)
- Mary Keyes Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service to McMaster (Awarded by the GSA)
Members of the graduate community, as well as undergraduate students, have an opportunity to nominate individuals, although each award may have more specific requirements. Once they are available, please review the nomination packages for more information.
All awards but one, are nomination/application-based awards; the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Communicating Graduate Research is presented to the winner and two runners-up for our GradFlix video competition, held in April 2022.
To mark this year’s awards, we are planning an in-person reception – our first since 2019. Details will be announced soon.Awards and scholarships, Community, Research, Teaching