As an undergraduate student research award winner, you had a fantastic summer job! It’s time to share your experience with the McMaster and broader community.
Join us for the first Virtual USRA Poster Session, happening the week of November 15 to 19 on Microsoft Teams.
You will have the opportunity to
- create a poster that speaks to your USRA research,
- talk to your peers about your research,
- interact with McMaster faculty members,
- share your experience with family and friends who attend.
For those undergrad researchers who are considering a future in graduate research, this is a chance to get research presentation experience.
How will the session work?
This year’s poster session will be held in a specially created Microsoft Team. Each USRA presenter will have their own virtual space – a place where your research poster will be available for viewing.
As well, we will have several different ways that you can interact with your virtual audience
- live audio
- live video
- live chat
- asynchronous chat
You choose how you want to connect your audience!
Scheduled time blocks
Each USRA scholar will choose a 60-minute block during the week that works with your schedule. That will be your “live” time when people can expect you to be on the Team and available to answer questions.
All members of the McMaster community are invited to attend the virtual session.
Additionally, each USRA presenter will have three guest passes! Provide us with the name and email of your guests, and we will add them to the team so they can attend your session.
We know that the fall is a busy time, so we have adapted several templates to help you with your design.
- Please create your poster in PowerPoint.
- We have three templates available for you to use. Download the template file from MacDrive.
- If you would like to create your own poster design, please use a ratio of 16:9 (widescreen).
- Your poster must be accessible. Check the accessibility of your poster before saving as a PDF.
How to upload your poster and participate in the session
We will send participants upload instructions, as well as details about presenting at the poster session.