Nominations open for the Graduate Student Recognition Awards
Has your supervisor played a pivotal role in your graduate experience? Did she provide outstanding guidance and support? Perhaps a teaching assistant made a difference, and he deserves kudos for his work. Do you know a graduate student who has made an outstanding contribution as a team builder in athletics?
Nominations are open for the Annual Graduate Student Recognition Awards.
Awards highlight student success in teaching, communicating research, contributions to international student life and leadership on campus and beyond. Supervision and mentorship by faculty, as well as staff contributions to the grad community are also recognized.
The awards are a joint initiative between the McMaster Graduate Students Association (GSA) and the School of Graduate Studies.
Awards coordinated by the GSA:
- GSA Award for Contributions by Non-Academic Staff
- Therese Quigley Award of Excellence for Graduate Student Leadership in Athletics
- Mary Keyes Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service to McMaster
- GSA Keith Leppmann Teaching Assistant Excellence Award
- GSA Millennium Award for Community Service
For more information about the GSA awards and to download those nomination packages, visit theGSA website.
School of Graduate Studies awards include:
- President’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership and Contributions to the International Graduate Student Community
- The Dean’s Award for Excellence in Communicating Graduate Research. This award goes to top five finalists in the 2018 McMaster Three Minute Thesis competition.
Learn more about the Graduate Studies awards and download nomination packages. The deadline for nominations is September 19, 2018, at 4 p.m. Complete nomination packages can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the award title in the email subject line – “Nomination package for Graduate Supervision.” You may also submit complete packages to the School of Graduate Studies, Gilmour Hall, Room 212.
Outside of regular office hours, you may leave the nomination package in the drop box.
The Graduate Student Recognition Awards Reception will be held at the Phoenix on November 8.Community, Research, Skills & Opportunities