Nominations are open for Graduate Student Recognition Awards
During the past 18 months, our graduate community has been impacted by COVID-19 in so many ways – new challenges for our graduate researchers, TA’s, athletes, support staff and supervisors. But with the challenges have come the discovery of new ways to help our community thrive.
Grad students have found creative means to connect with their peers, create community, and share their research stories. Supervisors have not only stayed connected with their students, but may have found some innovative ways to help and support them on their academic journey. Grad staff have provided students with the resources and information to help them meet their goals. Grad student athletes have excelled as leaders.
Now it’s time to recognize those achievements!
Nominations are open for the Annual Graduate Student Recognition Awards – annual community-based awards that highlight student success in teaching, communicating and translating research, and leadership on campus and beyond. Supervision and mentorship by faculty, as well as staff contributions to the grad community are also recognized. The awards are a joint initiative between the McMaster Graduate Students Association (GSA) and the School of Graduate Studies.
Awards coordinated by the GSA
- GSA Award for Contributions by Non-Academic Staff
- Therese Quigley Award of Excellence for Graduate Student Leadership in Athletics
- Mary Keyes Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service to McMaster
- GSA Keith Leppmann Teaching Assistant Excellence Award
Awards coordinated by the School of Graduate Studies
- President’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- The Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership and Contributions to the International Graduate Student Community
- GSA Millennium Award for Community Service
This year, the Excellence in Communicating Graduate Research will be awarded to the top three finalists in our inaugural GradFlix video competition.
The deadline for nominations is 4 p.m., October 15, 2021.Awards and scholarships, Community, Student life