About the Award
At least three awards, each in the amount of $4,000, will be awarded annually to the women graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the university or general community while maintaining exemplary academic records.
Women registered in Master’s or PhD programs within a designated region. Regions and number of awards rotate each year. SWAAC has designated Ontario as the region for this competition. There are 5 awards available for this 2023 competition.
Each university may nominate one person for the award.
1. Outstanding academic performance.
2. Evidence of leadership, including but not limited to such things as:
• executive positions in student organizations
• participation on committees (student committees and university committees)
• organization of special events, conferences, etc.
• involvement in advocacy groups
• involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community.
School of Graduate Studies internal deadline
Students are required to submit their application package to the School of Graduate Studies no later than Noon, Tuesday, November 1, 2022 by uploading their application package (one pdf file – in the order listed below under required documents) to MacDrive.
Required documents for the application package
1. biographical data* (use this document to address #2 of the Criteria listed above)
2. curriculum vitae
3. academic records (all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts – photocopies of original transcripts are acceptable)
4. three letters of reference
*biographical information usually includes information about former and current studies, areas of interest, research, publications, other awards, interests outside the university, and community or volunteer work. It’s usually in a narrative form, about 1-2 pages in length, and is an opportunity for the nominee to tell the adjudication committee some things about herself, and to explain at greater length her background/interests/passions/ambitions/volunteer work.
If you have any questions about the award or require further information, please contact Rosalyn Figov, SWAAC Registrar and Treasurer at email@example.com
Should you have any questions about this application, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org