Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence
Aug 13, 2020
12:00PM to 1:30PM
Responding supportively when someone discloses an experience of sexual violence to us can greatly impact a survivor’s well-being. This training will familiarize graduate students and postdocs with the Recognize, Respond, Refer model to giving support.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- distinguish between sexual violence myths and realities
- understand the importance of a positive disclosure experience
- provide validation and non-judgmental support to those who disclose experiences of sexual violence to them
- identify relevant resources available on campus and in the community
Who can attend?
This session is suitable for all graduate students (incoming and returning) and postdoctoral fellows.
Facilitated by Equity and Inclusion Office, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office.
This Zoom session is limited to 30 participants.
Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence registration form
About this form:
- All fields are required.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.